08 November 2010


What a weekend. Lots of action and no action, all at the same time.

Let's start with the 2nd Annual Foodbuzz Blogger Festival. It was this weekend in San Francisco; I attended last year and had a great time. This time I had to make a decision whether or not to attend, since it's so close to my due date. I opted out, and I'm still going back and forth whether it was the right choice. On the one hand I'm tiring easily and don't have tons of room in my tummy; on the other hand I'm still pregnant! I was feeling a little down about it over the weekend, but it's over now so I just need to let it go.

Saturday morning I woke up at 4am and could not fall back to sleep. I got up at 7am and did my usual exercises. My mother-in-law came to visit and took me to get a pedicure at 11am. It was a pleasant way to spend the morning; I had hoped for a little more of a foot massage, but my toes look cute and red now. While getting lunch at Whole Foods, I picked up the ingredients to make this tofu chocolate pudding in the afternoon. I took the liberty of licking every utensil I used to make it with, and posted it over on Suite Apple Pie on Sunday.

We had plans to go out to dinner that night, but I was so tired that I elected to cancel my favorite plans of the week in favor of Chipotle takeout (their salads have been one of my favorites treats the past few months) and episodes of Grey's Anatomy- followed by a nice bowl of chocolate pudding. Ray couldn't finish his, so of course I helped him out.


Sunday- after some pretty weird weather this fall, it's finally getting more normal for November. We woke to pouring rain and cool temperatures- in fact we didn't leave the house all day. But Ray was sick- possibly from the pertussis booster he grabbed Saturday afternoon, possibly from dinner the night before :(. At any rate, he had an upset stomach, threw up in the morning, and couldn't eat all day. While he lay comatose in our bedroom all day, I was on our couch having the first series of serious contractions. It lasted about 2 hours and were more powerful than any I'd felt, still irregular but continual enough to make my abs start to fatigue. For a little while, I thought this might be it!

With Ray sick, I was actually praying that I wasn't going into labor. After wishing for it for so long, I was scared of being alone and not having my partner there for help and support. Outwardly I was peeved with him, but inwardly I was terrified of going through this without him. He was checked out all day, and fortunately the contractions subsided. In the evening the contractions switched to aggressive kicking and squirming from the chickpea who now resembles an oversized Mexican jumping bean, so my middle felt pretty black and blue well into the night.

Monday morning- Ray had a 24-hour bug of some kind and feels back to normal and at work. I feel as normal as I can right now. I was able to do some light exercise as usual, with 3 mild contractions during the hour. Doesn't mean it's imminent, but we'll see how the next two days go before my 39-week appointment.

1 comment:

  1. SO glad Ray is feeling better. How scary for you!! And I love Chipotle's salad bowls- their guacamole is so tasty. I'm thinking of you!!