Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

04 August 2010

Fridge Decor

I think I'm a little obsessed with Bethenny Frankel and her show Bethenny Getting Married. She's talented, has a wonderful frank sense of humor, and I get to live a little vicariously through her glamorous NYC life. It doesn't hurt that she had her baby so recently and I've watched her pregnancy unfold as I get bigger and bigger.
Lately I've felt more low about my expanding body; I have this unrealistic desire to have my belly grow and grow and have everything else stay the same- skinny arms, face, thighs, and butt with a huge belly. More than the little changes, it's the fear of what I will look like by 38, 39, 40 weeks.

I've never done this before, but I've taped some motivational pictures to the fridge. All Bethenny, because she does inspire me right now. She's a beautiful woman, and her body really changed during pregnancy. She dealt with it outwardly with grace and humor.



On the left: pre-pregnancy Bethenny. Toned, thin, and beautiful. Next to that, two shots from her honeymoon at 7 1/2 months. Bikini-clad and very pregnant, but comfortable in her skin and looking great.



Then the slightly scary shot when she became quite swollen. Yes it happens. Here I also think of something my What to Expect iPhone app said this week- "Repeat after me: I am not fat, I am growing a baby. I am not fat, I am growing a baby."

Finally, on the right, the most inspirational picture of all: what it's all for. A beautiful picture of Bethenny and her newborn daughter Bryn. Bethenny looks back to normal, maybe even better than the first picture. Softer, maternal, and happy. But more than that, Bryn is there. Healthy and beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I love Bethenny. And I'm obsessed with Bethenny getting married. Change happens during pregnancy and its is a beautiful thing (easy for me to say since I haven't been preggers yet haha ;)). You look fabulous- you really do! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete