Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

19 October 2010

Craving Alert: Cereal

When I look back on this pregnancy, the major bona fide craving that I've had will definitely be cereal. I've desired certain foods for a meal, but cereal is the one food that I've had to have repeatedly that's out of the ordinary for me.

I've never been a big cereal eater. When I was little, I didn't like how you had to eat it quick before it became soggy, and I never drank the leftover milk which got me in trouble since it was wasteful. It also does not fill me up so it's a real waste for breakfast. Today I like a little now and then, no more than grabbing a handful from one of Ray's boxes and eating it dry.

A few weeks ago I started having a bit of Ray's cereals dry or with soy milk added. I quickly graduated to buying my own boxes and wanting some almost every day. I had to, like everything else we have different taste in cereal! He favors the cereals from our childhood like Corn Pops, Lucky Charms, and Blueberry Morning. High in sugar and nothing much useful. Which might explain why that small handful of mine was so yummy :) For myself, I've been buying Kashi Go Lean Crunch, Special K, and Honey Bunches of Oats. Not all super duper healthy but lighter on calories and sugar (by a bit in some cases) and fortified with vitamins. And most importantly, delish to me!

This is Special K Vanilla Almond, and an unusually big bowl of it. Normally I make a small one with soy milk added; I'll even just have some in a little ramekin if I've already had most of lunch and just want to satisfy the craving. This week I've had Honey Bunches of Oats, a new apple cinnamon flavor which I LOVE. I'm at the bottom of the box, it's time to buy a new one. This one and the banana flavor are delish and say 'limited edition' on the box, hopefully they keep it around. For at least 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment