Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

22 June 2010

Some of My Favorite Baby Finds

I had a feeling I'd enjoy shopping for baby things more than my own clothes, and I was right! I've been pouring through catalogs and websites for baby things since before we knew she was a 'she,' and now that I'm nearing the halfway point of pregnancy, the decisions on baby registry and all the items we'll need and want have to be made. There are so many options out there, it's very easy to feel overwhelmed- there's a lot more gear out there today than when our mothers were young.

I love to shop but I also want a lack of clutter and extra baggage, so it's important to me not to purchase or have every single gadget and toy available. Here are some of my favorites that I've found, the items that I'm most excited about.

I'll start with the one thing that is really for me: a chic diaper bag. I'm going to be carrying this everywhere so it needs to fit my style. I love this tailored Gigi bag in chocolate from Storksak. It has lots of compartments and a travel changing pad. If it's good enough for celeb mommies, it's good enough for me.




Fresh fruit basket of soft toys from Uncommon Goods. They have a veggie crate too, I bought that for my cousin two years ago. Both are so cute. It's never too early to learn about eating nutritious foods!


These teething bracelets are also from Uncommon Goods. I love this idea, it's pretty and if baby is teething away and needing something to chew on, I'd rather it be a bracelet than my arm. Yes, it will probably be dripping with drool. I'm aware.



How cutie patootie is this pacifier?! A soft plush giraffe attaches to the binky, making it much more difficult to lose. It's a toy and pacifier in one. Wubbanub makes several different animals available on Amazon; I love the kitten one too.



Raffi and his songs were favorites of mine and my brothers when we were little. He's friendly and easy to sing along to. Particularly Baby Beluga, a song and album that I want her to know.




If you Give a Mouse a Cookie is such a sweet little book. I love the whole series- If you Give a Moose a Muffin, If you Give a Pig a Pancake. This will be part of the reading before bedtime repertoire.


Goodnight Moon. Essential. Classic.




These kids' storage suitcases from Land of Nod are charming. Great for storage in the bedroom and for carting around little essentials when she's older. I'm hoping for them in green and lavendar.

This Serena & Lily crib bedding collection is so pretty, in the lavendar and pale green colors that are the color palette we're using in the baby's room. The two women from Marin County make home decor and furniture for adults too, but their baby collections are particularly sweet.

And finally the Chicco Lullaby LX Playard which doesn't seem that exciting . . . but it's also a changing table and bassinet now, and a naptime spot later. And it travels really well. The Chicco website shows how versatile it is, pretty amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous finds! I love the idea of the teething bracelet. If you give a mouse a cookie was one of my favorite books growing up! You're going to be such a chic mama!

    ReplyDelete