- I'm feeling the extra weight on my body. More specifically, I'm feeling HER weight and the weight of my uterus on my abs and back.
- My heart rate goes higher with much less effort during exercise. I have less lung capacity but my heart and lungs are well-trained and efficient. Also, lifting my knees is getting harder because, well, my belly is in the way!
- Trips to the bathroom are RIDICULOUS. I often loath being out of the house simply for the inconvenience of being away from a bathroom which is the most annoying thing ever.
- Prolactin levels are increasing which may cause leakage of colostrum (the nutrient-rich substance that comes in before milk) from the breasts. I haven't had any leakage but a bit of dry crustiness- kind of like boogers. Sexy.
- Also from the prolactin, I'm feeling more sleepy throughout the day again.
- I'm having some crazy dreams that I'm remembering more. In particular this week dreaming of Ray and I not being together anymore, he actually being with another woman who is having fertility treatments done (!!); another night I had some weird dreams about my mom. My subconscious is feeling insecure?!
- The past two nights as well, I've been a bit uncomfortable laying on my left side which is the preferred side for circulation. This is odd, I'm going to call my doctor's office about that and report back.
31 August 2010
Feelings on the Third Trimester
I've just entered the last third of this rollercoaster and this is what I've noticed so far: