17 June 2010

Rough Night

Man I am so tired. Fatigue like the first trimester, and it's because of a horrible night of sleep and a lot of walking today.

I felt a bit restless when going to bed, which wasn't a great start. I actually was still semi-awake and going to the bathroom when Ray came to bed, which is unusual. I usually have no idea when he goes to bed because I'm sound asleep.

Two bathroom trips later at 12:30am, I feel little bubbles and pulls and I think maybe it's her moving. Maybe I really feel her! Now I don't think so, I think it was gas and digestion as usual (or if it was her it was still too small to distinguish from gas); anyway, I couldn't go back to sleep from thinking about it. I think I lay awake for another 3 hours, tossing and turning from side to side. I wanted to lay on my back or my tummy SO BAD. That is the worst part of sleeping now, and not only are those positions off-limits, they are finally too uncomfortable anyway. There is pressure in my pelvis on my back, and pain in my tummy the other way (besides I don't want to squash her!) When I finally got back to sleep I dreamt of our little girl as a baby, inconsolable until I swaddle her in a pink blanket, and propped in a weird vertical bouncy seat by my in-laws in a sort of abusive way. Very weird.

When I woke up, I felt horrible, so tired. It was a bit early and Ray was still home. I wondered out of the bedroom and mumbled something about the night and he sent me back to bed. I got up again 30 minutes later and did my usual morning exercise, a medium one. Showered, ate breakfast, and dashed out to the door with my mom and her friend Donna.

We spend the day at the new Impressionist exhibit at the de Young Museum in San Francisco. A collection from the Musee d'Orsay in Paris is visiting and we were both looking forward to it. It was wonderful although a bit crowded, but it was a lot of standing and walking for me and my back was feeling the pain of my shifted center of gravity. Ordinarily I'd never need to sit down during such an outing, but I had to seek out a resting place twice. We had a delicious lunch at the Moss Room in the Academy of Sciences (marinated local sardines and watercress and red plum salad for me, delicious) before heading home. I changed out of jeans into sweats immediately and have assumed the position of couch potato every since.

Really hoping tonight's sleep is better.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it was a rough night! Lots of naps for you!